Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My New Look

Over the past week or so I've been working with Danielle on a new blog design.  Here is the end result.  What do you think?  I love it!  

No, I can't pick just one design kit, I have to pick two.  Not just two but two very unrelated kits.  ...and I have to go for something different.  This sums up my particular nature very well.  Oh the line of people who have been subjected to this.  Maybe it started back when I'd cry every Sunday going to Church not having exactly what I wanted to wear ...or thinking of nothing else in Church but me sitting there in the perfect outfit.  Then there's my Mom trying to safety pin my waistline so I can get exactly the right feel.  My husband when we negotiated buying the car.  The salesman at one point told me "I don't think I want to sell a car to you."  Then my poor tired sisters when I went to find my wedding dress.

The thing is it's a very rewarding process in the end because I get exactly what I want.  Is it very kind to the people I'm working with?  No.  So I thank all of you who have been subjected to my relentless particular pickiness.  Danielle's the most recent in this long line.

Danielle, thank you for coming up with this beautiful design in a heap of different elements - you are amazing.  Thank you for  your patience and for not telling me you didn't want to design a blog for me (even if you felt like it).  

Take a peek at her beautiful designs at Blogs by Danielle.  She has a Summer special until the end of July.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I do love the blog design. As soon as I saw it, I thought it looked just like you!
I have always admired your ability to know exactly what you wanted! I remember the wedding planning, poor Dad! I never know what I want so I pick whatever is fine at the moment. This hardly ever leads to the satisfaction that you get! So be thankful for your gift, just go easy on us when we don't quite get it!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

I was so confused for a minute. LOL

Seriously -- it looks great! I just thought I was somewhere else for a minute. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love the design and the "courier" font! It does express classic and updated at the same time, which is what I think you're all about. She caught your style perfectly. I really don't remember how long it took for the wedding dress because we knew the minute you found the right one it was all worth it! But I do remember Sunday mornings - :).

The header is so big I can't see it all at once, so I'm afraid I'll miss that cute little grasshopper in the corner. But the big does make it real nice when reading the blog entry. Maybe some day I'll have one of my own?!