Tuesday, January 29, 2008

We Love Wii

This Works because it provides fun family time.  Unlike watching a movie, we can interact with each other and get up off the couch!
Our gift to all three girls this Christmas was a Wii.  It was challenging finding one during Christmas but with determination DH located a store expecting a night shipment.  He got in line at 4:30 am to get this.  It has proved well worth the effort.  In case you don't know, Wii is a wireless interactive game made by Nintendo.  You control the player through your movements, not just your thumbs.  
One of the fun things is creating your own player in Mii.  We each have our own as well as some of our guests' favorites.
After dinner we hold family tournaments.  Everyone gives their all!  You actually feel some physical effects too!  I had tennis shoulder the week after Christmas.
We have a little fun, a little exercise, some hand eye coordination, little friendly competition (usually), and some nice family time.  
The problem for my family is they just can't beat me ;)  Go see some great ideas at Shannon's Works for me Wednesday.

10 comments:

Heidi said...

This kind of fun is the best for families. I love it. Thanks for the tip!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

We love our Wii as well! The kids just got Raving Rayman's Rabbids 2 (or some name like that), and that is a HOOT! We got our Wii in May 2007, and we just think it's the best!

Lisa said...

I want one! Our son loved playing with yours over the weekend. He wants to go bowling. It would be really good for his hand/eye coordination. I guess I will have to get the DH to stand in line for one.

FrazzMom said...

Our kids love our Wii, but I think thier grandparents and our adult friends like it more! We have even had adults only wii sports parties when the kids were out of town!

Anonymous said...

That does sound like a lot of family fun and much better than the average video games.

Anonymous said...

We got one for Christmas too. The kids love it!

Jack's Mommy said...

I am a nintendo loyaltist and the WII is the only one I don't have *sniff*...I really would love to have gotten one at christmas, but they were going for $600 here in SC - IF you could find one! We went to hubby's hometown family christmas party in NY at the beginning of january and one of the cousins had one so I got to play. We had a blast playing the bowling and baseball and tennis games for HOURS! :) It's a great little machine...

Be Inspired Always said...

We bought a Wii for our kids this past Christmas too. Oh MY! It's fun. Even my mother-in-law is playing it. She loves it.





Jillian

Anonymous said...

We love our Wii -- we just got both the Carnival Games and the Dance Dance Revolution! Both are a blast!

Anonymous said...

Fun! We bought the kids one as a joint gift for Christmas too! It is a big hit here.

Being that we are a computer/video game playing fammily...we love rocking to Guitar Heroes also. My boys have skills! ;)