Thursday, January 22, 2009

the "Fighting Harder"


I've been trying to come up with something to write about the Inauguration.  My overwhelming feeling about President Obama's term in office is that we will have to fight harder.  In his speech, he said:  "the God-given promise that all are equal, all are free, and all deserve a chance to pursue their full measure of happiness"  Why wouldn't this apply to the unborn?  It must be that he doesn't recognize them as "all."  I asked myself "what have I done to fight?"  Whatever meager efforts I have attempted, I know the time is now for the real fight.    

Pope John Paul II said that "America won't stop abortion, until America sees abortion."  Putting this EXTREMELY GRAPHIC video on my blog is an attempt to fight harder and to see abortion for what it is.  It happens because people refuse to see the Truth that they are killing a human life.  The actor, Eduardo Verastegui from the movie Bella, is part of this extremely powerful message.  It is tough to watch but this is part of the "fighting harder."  


6 comments:

Jazzbee said...

I think EVERYONE, who is considering abortion, should be made to watch this video first!

Trudy said...

Jazzbee, that couldn't be more true! What if they really got the Truth? It would end abortion.

Lisa said...

I have to fight harder! Just saying I am pro life and donating money is not enough. It is so frightening to think that it could even get worse if FOCA is passed. Thanks for this reminder on the
36th anniversary of Roe v Wade.

Anonymous said...

It has been some time since I have seen with my eyes what abortion is. Every time, it just amazes me how anyone can support it. How can it be denied that these are persons? What possibly can they think is good about it? ...and in many of these images, you can see the pain in the babies' faces. Fighting harder may just mean the front lines, always in possession of literature...and sharing it freely. Can we e-mail this video to Obama?

Trudy said...

I think the "fighting harder" is using whatever gifts you have to put an end to this holocaust. All bases need to be covered in this fight. It has been a long time that I have seen abortion too. We must never forget what it is.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for posting this. My husband used to pray and do sidewalk counseling outside of an abortion mill with photos from http://www.abortionno.com and found it to be highly effective. Unfortunately our family situation no longer allows for us to do this. The historical background for using photography to draw attention and thus action to atrocities being committed is well-documented. It will offend some, but we NEED to be offended!