Wednesday, August 13, 2008

They'll Never Know They're Homeschoolers

Long couple of days.  The girls had to get their reading assignments done.  In 2 1/2 weeks Kaye and Cee had to read two books, write book reports and Cee had to make puppets for each book.  Kaye was tested today at school.  I had to laugh when I saw the girls trying to figure out the drinking fountain, bent over looking for the lever.  I thought "oh dear look at the poor homeschoolers having trouble with the water fountain."  I took a picture with my phone so I'll post another time.

Meanwhile this afternoon and evening we have been packing for our trip to the Coast.  I tell you if we didn't have other people relying on us we would have canceled.  ...and these reservations had to be made 6 months in advance so we couldn't just reschedule.  Just the thought of the book reports, testing, hair appointments today, preparing for Cee's birthday, packing for Coast trip, back on Sunday for school bbq and swim party, and starting school on Wednesday (after 4 yrs. of homeschooling) with Cee's and my Dad's birthdays that same day, makes me feel queasy.   This too will pass and I know eventually some type of routine will save us.  And I know we'll have fun at the Coast celebrating our last Summer hoorah.  Right now I'm just going to celebrate that 95% of the packing and loading is done.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its a good thing you rely much more on His love than in your own weakness!! It takes something strong to have a schedule like that! God be with you!