Monday, March 9, 2009

It's Monday Right?

Boy, this day flew by.  It seemed to all start so early and each step seemed to creep up on me.  I have an internal clock...one of those that can pretty much nail the time even without looking at it.  Us procrastinators (grasshoppers) need to know the latest possible time to start that last minute to do.  That's why it takes a whole week to get used to daylight savings time.

I've come to understand that I like to blog when I'm happy and inspired.  I don't know what to share when I'm not.  I'm just not open enough to spill it all out (at least not now), I don't want attention and I don't want a well-intentioned suggested easy solution...but I do need understanding and a prayer.  

I am choosing joy or I should say, I'm fighting to choose joy.  A little bright spot was Kaye's Academic Decathlon this past weekend.  I was told it was fun and it certainly was.  There were 16 schools represented from our diocese.  Each team had 10 members, comprised mostly of 7th & 8th graders with some 6th graders.  The teams were seated on round tables in the center of a gym with supporters on the bleachers.  The first event was logic.  They were given logic puzzles to solve.  The second event was individual subjects (Kaye was literature) given in classrooms away from spectators.  The 3rd was the exciting superquiz - kind of like a gameshow with all members working to answer the question.  It was fun to see them working together.

We were excited when our team won 2nd place in the superquiz and Kaye won 3rd in her literature portion.  She said there was only one other 6th grader in her event.  I think beating this one particular 8th grader from a big school who is usually in the top 3 will always be exciting for her.  This was a bright little spark for all of us.  I was thankful all her hard work was rewarded.  

Well, I will say goodnight.  I'll be back soon.

4 comments:

sequin said...

Yes, I have been in a funk too these last couple weeks. Sooooo happy to hear about how well Kae did in the AcaDeca! It is particularly pleasing to win that individual award - its a great reward for all the hard work! ...and she is only a sixth grader! Those brains coupled with such an excellent start in school - how could she miss?!! Congrats!!!

Fruitful Harvest said...

Hi Grashopper Girl~
The past few days I have tried to leave a comment but it said error the first time (I tried 2x) then I came back again and the varification code was not there(just an x).
I will make this comment short in case it does not go through...girl I have typed a lot.....you just never got to see it.
I pray your Godson is feeling better.
I really like the cute mice Happy Birthday thing! I was praying your daughter would do well in her thing! Sounds like she did YAH!

How did the room painting go? I never heard back! What collor did you use?

I miss your visits...My last post is a animated Beatrix Potter story.
So grab yourself some tea and a kiddo ot 2 and sit for a story?
sounds like you have had a stressful week.
My little Jackie and Noah sit had click on the other Beatrix Potter clips at the end of the first one!

Blessings and Prayers,
Georgiann

Lisa said...

Way to go Kae! I had been thinking about calling to see how she did. Way to kick those 8th grader's tushies! I can see her big smile as they announce her name. I wish we could have been there.

Prayers, prayers and more prayers.

Fruitful Harvest said...

I have been praying for you...that it gets eazier to choose joy.
I pray your week has been filled with happiness.
You are my best blog friend and I miss your visits;}
I'm always over here...so when ever you want to say hi please do.

((((HUGS))))
Georgiann